I. Engineering Mathematics
• Analysis, Algebra and Differential Equations
• Numerical Analysis and Computational Methods
• Computer Science and Operations Research
• Nuclear, Atomic and High Energy physics.
• Acoustics, Optics and Thermodynamics.
• Electromagnetic Theory.
• Solid State Physics.
III. Engineering Mechanics
• Fluid Mechanics, Geophysical and Magnetohydrodynamics
• Mechanics of Elastic- Plastic and Visco-Elastic Continua
• Renewable Energy and Environmental Pollution.
• Preparatory Year Physics
• Preparatory Year Mechanics
• First Year Physics
Graduate and Research
Nuclear Physics Heat Research
• The Scientific Engineer Program
• A three – week crash courses program in Operations Research, Structural
Analysis and Fluid Mechanics.
• Advanced Information Systems Program
• Computer Programming Languages
• Optical System Program
• The First International Conference in Engineering Mathematics and
Physics, February 1991.
• The second International Conference in Engineering Mathematics and Physics,
• The Third International Conference in Engineering Mathematics and Physics,
• Solar Pond Performance Model
• Air-Pollution in the Helwan Industrial Region
• Repair and Maintenance of Ancient Buildings
• Environmental Profile of the Delta water wages.
• Von Humboldt Award : Three staff members
• State Scientific Prize: Two staff members.
• Cairo University Scientific Awards: Three Staff members
• More than 130 M.Sc. degrees
• More than 50 Ph.D. degrees
Staff Members :
The Department Staff council is headed by Prof. Dr.
Abdel Kareem Shaaban Omar Hassan
The total number of Staff is (183) distributed as follows :
Emeritus professors :
Emeritus Associate professors:
Emeritus Assistant professors :
Assistant professors :
Assistant Lecturers :
Mohammed, S. F. Mohammed, R. A.
Fahim, A. M. M. Mohammed N. Y.